Last updated: 25 Apr 2017
Please refer to http://itconnect.uw.edu/work/appropriate-use/ for UW policy.
Rules and Guidelines
Please follow these rules and state guidelines to keep the labs safe, clean, and
productive. For additional information, refer to
Important UW Technology Guidelines
- DO be sensitive to the public nature of shared facilities
- DO follow the posted rules
- DO NOT bring food into the area
- DO NOT copy and/or use software, images, music, or other intellectual property unless you are certain that you have the right to do so. (See the page on software copyright policy for more details.)
- DO NOT create excessive noise at anytime or play games when others are waiting for a workstation
- DO NOT play games or use Internet Relay Chat (IRC) on any of the other C&C (or CSS) machines. Games are made available and supported by student volunteers, but only on the student simulation machine named Becker.
- DO NOT display on-screen images, sounds, or messages that could create an atmosphere of discomfort or harassment for others
UWT Institute of Technology Lab Guidelines
- DO use headphones, with the volume turned down low enough so that other students cannot hear.
- Key cards:
- DO NOT print materials not related to the currently enrolled Institute of
- DO throw away any trash before leaving the lab
|25 Apr 2017
||Removed section on "Authorized Use" that was not consistent with University policy
|1 Mar 2008
||Added section on "Authorized Use"
|21 Feb 2007
||Included all labs and PNK130; removed Computing and Software Systems emphasis;
updated HTML code, added this section and "Last updated:" field;
|27 Sep 2004